thebooktaught + Summer Reading List

1:14 PM


Summer is here already and what's the best thing about it? That now I have enough time to sit around and read for hours something non-medicine related. This summer in particular, I have quite a big reading list comprised of re-reads, books I need to finish and books I'm really excited to read. This particular list is of the ones I can't wait to get my hands on. Maybe you'll find one you like, so keep on reading!

From top to bottom:

1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss: I got it... ages ago, but as it is massive I tought I'd leave it for when I had more time. My version is... a pocket sized one with the tiniest letter I've ever seen on a book. I am excited to read it because... I've heard great things about it everywhere and for the looks of it, it's epic fantasy so that's always welcome.


2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth: I got it... MORE than ages ago, along with Allegiant, so I really need to finish them. My version is... the regular paper-back. I am excited to read it because... I'm not actually that excited, as I've already seen the movie, but I feel guilty of not reading them sooner.


3. A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin: I got it... because it's Geroge R. R. Martin and he deserves all my money? Yes, but really, I got too caught up on the tv show after reading the first book and forgot to keep on reading, but when I saw they were taking a different path from the books I decided that it was best to read all the available books first and then keep on watching. I'm currently re-reading the first one. My version is... a really weird one. One of my aunts got it for me last Christmas and I haven't seen one like it before (detailed photo below). It's paper back, but with a different design that the regular ones.  I am excited to read it because... I haven't felt this passionate about a fantasy saga since Harry Potter.



6. Chronic of a foretold death by Gabriel García Márquez: I got it... because a friend recomended it to me after I read One Hundred Years of Solitude, My version is... the paperback one of the new commemorative editions  of his Nobel Prize win in 1982. I am excited to read it because... it's Gabriel García Márquez.


5. The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald: I got it... because I wanna read every single Fitzgerald book. Though, shamelessly, I knew of the existence of this particular one when I was watching Gossip Girl. My version is... a paperback by the editorial Signet Classic, really beautiful cover (photo below). I am excited to read it because... Fitzgerald has a way with words that I haven't seen in any other writer, he's excellent. 



6. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. I got it... Because I learned who the real writer was, yeah, I have no shame. However, I had previously heard really interesting things about it. My version is... the regular paperback with, amazingly, the original cover. I am excited to read it because... Lately I've been loving reading thrillers and mistery novels. 

Besides that, before I jump into all these I also plan to finish reading The travels of Marco Polo by... Marco Polo (and Rustichello da Pisa), The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. However... who knows how many more books I will pick this summer? If you wanna be up to date, let's be friends on Goodreads, and you can tell me all about your summer reads, or leave a comment down below.


Write you soon!





You Might Also Like

0 comentarios