thebooktaught + Winter Reading List

10:40 PM



Winter is definitely an idilic time of the year to just sit curled up with a blanket in your favorite spot, grab some hot chocolate, pick a nice book and forget about the world. Also, depending on where you live, it might be cold enough to not even want to move from that particular place. This winter I have to finish some books I started in Autumn, but also I have a list of books that I must read this season and here they are!

From top to bottom: 

  1. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls: I got it... a month ago in a book fair. My version is... paperback, old and used, just like I love them. I am excited to read it because... apparently it's a tale about the adventures a boy and his two trained dogs and get into.
  2. Gandhi On Non-Violence: I got it... Again, at a book fair. My version is... A really pretty one by the editorial  sol90 in their series Biblioteca de Pensamiento Crítico, where they publish mostly essays by famous thinkers. I am excited to read it because... This book is essentially all about Gandhi's philosophy and principles. I've always loved tales of morals, ethics, peace and justice, and what better way to read and think about it than with a non-tale?
  3. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck: I got it... About the same time I bought Jane Eyre, almost 2 years ago, and I haven't had the chance to read it. My version is... a very generic paperback from Editorial Porrua: they have all the classics, they are cheap and they recently upgraded their paper and covers quality, the only downside is the signature, very generic, cover.  I am excited to read it because... Steinbeck is good at writing, I would say very good at it. He won the Pullitzer prize of 1940 with this particular one. 
  4. Blow-up and Other Stories by Julio Cortázar: I got it... Actually, this book belongs to my boyfriend. My version is... paperback.  I am excited to read it because... I've already read some of the stories in this book and I've been loving them, Cortázar has a way with words that just makes me swoon and all of his stories are witty and a little bit weird, just how I like them. 
  5. The Girl Who Saved The King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson: I got it... a month ago, on a whim because it was cheap. My version is... the first hardback I've bought in years!! I am excited to read it because... it's apparently about a very very smart girl from Soweto in Africa, and I love stories about smart girls. 

Who knows if I'll finish this list... or if I will expand it. If you wanna be up to date, let's be friends on goodreads, and you can tell me all about your winter reads, or leave a comment down below. Have a very nice day and a happy winter. 


Write you soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios