thebooktaught + Favorite Youtube Book Channels

3:17 PM



I love reading books, writing about books, talking about books and also watching videos about books, the latter because it's a great easy way to stay in the know. So, if you spend a lot of time on-line, specifically on Youtube, then you might already know about Booktube. If you don't, then congratulations, I will explain. Basically, the word is a blend between Books and YouTube, and it's the name the Book community gives itself while on there. You can find video reviews, book discussions, information about new releases and even challenges about reading books. Through time I have found some chanels that I trust and love watching, and decided to share them with you, in case you prefer watching a review rather than reading it. Though, in my defense, reading about books is also super cool. 

In no specific order:

Booksandquills: 


A London-based Dutch woman with a wide taste in books -from Young Adult to contemporary non-fiction- that ocasionally makes book reviews, but mostly book hauls and other fun stuff like the video above. I love the fact that her videos are short, to the point, perfectly articulated and neatly filmed. She also has a beauty channel with a friend that focuses on cruelty-free makeup. 


BazPierce:


An Irish twenty-something guy with amazing humor. Dark, I suppose. Not for everyone, I reckon. Specially if you like Young Adult books -exhibit A: video above-. Thorugh his videos I finally decided to read Kurt Vonnegut, Charlotte Brönte and George Orwell, and it changed everything for me. As of lately he doesn't upload as many videos, but you can check his reviews or what he's reading on GoodReads.


Ron Lit:


A Canadian PhD student that makes videos, mostly, about classics. I love her sense of humor, but mostly how well she describes books, even ancient Greek literature, in a way that makes everyone want to read them. She loves Jane Austen, so you can expect a lot of that. 

The Readables: 


Priscilla is also Canadian, but she is a graphic designer, so not only are her videos perfectly edited, animated and filmed, she likes things to be neat and her reviews always include useful data about the books she reads. You can expect short, to the point opinions of books in every genre you can think of, as she loves books from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell to 1984 by George Orwell. Sad thing? She's not as active anymore, but it's worth the wait. 

PeruseProject:


She's an american college student that has, almost literally, the same taste in books as I do, which makes my life easier because I am always 99% sure I will like whatever she reads (that 1% as a question mark in the dark because I love some books she doesn't). She reads mostly fantasy and contemporary fiction, and she is the only one in the main list that uploads a video constantly. 

Also worth mentioning:

Do you already watch videos about books or do you prefer to read about books? Or maybe, you prefer reading the books and not reading or seeing a previous review on the subject and so you don't read my blog and you're not reading this and then, who am I writting to? Whatever. Share the ones you like with me and hope you find new books!


You Might Also Like

0 comentarios